Of Worlds to Fall
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Astrology
by Apollymi

Main Series: Sailormoon, Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing
Genre: Crossover, Romance, Supernatural
Word Count: 623
Disclaimers: I own nothing but the idea. All series and characters are copyright to their individual creators and distributors, of which I am not one. I make no money from this fan-created work.

She couldn't help but think over what it was that Midou Ban-san had said, about his powers--his curse, he had called it--and how he was able to do the things he did.

She hadn't been able to give him back everything. Of that, she was very sorry, as she had told him more than a few times, to no apparent reaction. She had managed to hit some of the big ones, he said, by giving him back his Snake Bite and one use of his Jagan a day.

Ginji-san--Ginji-chan, she corrected herself, since he had proven more than willing to take to a very silly nickname--it seemed, had lost his powers when he switched from Raitei back to Ginji-chan. The amount she had give him back was little more than a drop of water in the ocean compared to what he had been able to do, but it was a step in the right direction as far as he was concerned.

Personally, she didn't care if she ever met Raitei, the Thunder Emperor that everyone was so terrified of, but Ginji-chan, now he was fun. She couldn't say if she had ever met anyone like him, both in temperament (he seemed to be so happy all the time) and in his devotion to his own partner, Ban-san. It seemed that Ban-san was from Ginji-san's world... and as far as she knew, this made the first time the Reapers had ever gone back for someone. All she could assume was that they must have been truly terrified of Raitei, to bring someone from Ginji-chan's past here to stop him.

To say the least, though, she was a more than exhausted now. She had been tired before this, but now... The thought of that actual bed with actual pillows was becoming an overwhelming need. It wasn't going to happen any time soon, but she could dream, right?

And speaking of dreaming... Ban-san had said something that just refused to let her go. The more she thought about it, the more it struck something in her as very important. She was tired and hadn't caught all of it, but Ban-san had said something about a 'link to the cosmos'.

Cosmos... That might just be the word I've been missing, she thought to herself. Cosmos Eternal Make-Up or Eternal Cosmos Make-Up, I wonder. It could be either one, but the first one sounds a whole lot more likely. It feels more right, if that's even possible. Either way, I have it back again. I have Sailor Moon back again.

Not that she overly wanted to do anything with it right now. Right now, all she wanted to do was collapse and have her boys make her excuses to anyone else who decided to show up.

Unfortunately, she knew herself well enough to know that wouldn't happen. The next person and the next person and the next person who came for their powers... She would do everything in her ability to give them back to those people. It was just who she was.

If anything, that was her curse. She was always going to be driven to help people, even--and maybe especially--the people who didn't want help. She could no more change that than she could change the sky or the sun. She wasn't sure she wanted to change that about herself anyway.

Besides, she had Sailor Moon back now. With that, she could do anything. She could best any odds as long as she was Sailor Moon, and maybe that even meant finding a way to keep her boys.

Right now, that was all she wanted: for them all to survive and all end up in the same world together. The rest could sort itself out later.


27 October 2012

I'm updating this at 3 a.m. I got up to leave for the con... and the battery in my car was dead. So that certainly put a damper on my plans. This will be the first year since 2001 that I haven't been to a con. Nothing to do for it now, though.

See you guys in the next chapter!
Apollymi

[ Wasteland | Machine | Jaded | Honest | Encounter | Sensible | Facade | Secret | Holiday | Invisible | Message | Mundane | Miscommunication | Scars | Mutual | Unreciprocated | Sarcasm | Insanity | Embrace | Solitude | Power | Enigma | Exchange | Hidden | Technology | Twilight | Obsess | Data | Melancholy | Scramble | Worn | Collapse | Text | Breakdown | Depressing | Lure | Astrology | Cursed | Poison | Abyss | Variety | Anticipation | Descent | Hell | Mystical | Transmit | Desolate | Bounce | Garden | Recovery ]