Of Worlds to Fall
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Obsess
by Apollymi

Main Series: Sailormoon, Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing
Genre: Crossover, Romance, Supernatural
Word Count: 1,178
Disclaimers: I own nothing but the idea. All series and characters are copyright to their individual creators and distributors, of which I am not one. I make no money from this fan-created work.

She had tried sleeping in her room, but after a few hours of Heero's feverish typing on the keyboard in the training room, she had moved into Trunks-kun's room. It wasn't a lot quieter, but at least the light was dimmer. It made it easier to fall asleep.

She had been six nights without the bright lights of Tokyo surrounding her, and she was already used to the darkness of the nights here. It was funny how that had happened--and happened so quickly at that. It seemed like it had been a whole lot longer than just six days and nights, but she had been carefully keeping count. The sun had risen and fallen just six times since she and Trunks-kun had been here.

And she was rapidly getting used to having Trunks-kun's arms around her as she fell asleep and when she woke up in the morning. Now this is something I could certainly stand to get used to, she thought rather happily, snuggling in closer to his side.

Weirdly, it felt like the nights were getting colder than they had been when they first arrived. Maybe this was the beginning of this world's winter season. She would have thought Tenchi-san would have mentioned it if it was, though. Maybe he forgot.

Still, if it kept up much longer, then she was going to have to see that seamstress Tenchi-san mentioned, at least to get them some sort of blankets and winter jackets. If Duo-kun was going to skip breakfast every morning, maybe she could stash enough of that back to be payment.

Thankfully, Trunks-kun had been awake when she had slipped in here. Otherwise, she might have felt bad about waking him up to curl up close to him. She wasn't about to ask, though, if Heero-kun was keeping him up as well or if he had already been awake for some other reason.

She frowned slightly, glaring at the wall in the direction of the training room, like if she stared hard enough, Heero-kun might feel her displeasure and knock off for the night. Clearly Duo-kun had decided that he didn't want all of this going on in the same room with him, if he had exiled Heero-kun to the training room to work on it.

She hadn't heard a peep out of Duo-kun. If he could sleep through this, then clearly either he was more exhausted than she was or stuff like this wasn't exactly an uncommon occurrence where Heero-kun was concerned.

Trunks-kun sighed quietly. She felt it more than heard it, his chest moving beneath her head and his breath stirring her hair. "I'm not sure giving Heero-san a computer was the best idea," he commented just loudly enough for her to hear. "He's already obsessed with it."

"I didn't know I was doing it," she returned just as quietly. She was quiet for a moment longer before continuing. "He thinks he might be able to use your time machine to send us all back home."

In the faint light spilling out from the training room, she could see Trunks-kun lift an eyebrow questioningly. "Do you think he can do it?"

"This is all beyond me--years beyond where my world is at. And me? If it's more technologically complicated than a cell phone, I'm lost. He seemed fairly certain."

"You don't sound too pleased with the idea."

To her surprise, she really wasn't. She would have thought she would be more than ready to go home by now, but she was finding that that really wasn't the case. "I don't want us to get split up," she admitted. "I've... gotten very used to having you around, Trunks-kun."

He was silent for a long, long moment before replying, "I've gotten very used to having you around too, Usagi-san."

Well, that is certainly a good thing to hear, she thought happily to herself. It wasn't quite a declaration of love or anything, but it was still something. It was definitely something good, as far as she was concerned.

"What were you and Heero-san talking about earlier, over the time machine?" He snickered, and completely unable to help it, she smiled in return. "He looked so serious, and you looked so..."

"Lost?" she supplied with a laugh. "I was so lost. He was talking about how he might be able to make it send us all home, if he could figure out how to reverse engineer your mother's work. Oh, and how he is positive your mother is a genius."

"She would be happy to hear that. She's always complaining that no one appreciates her brains."

"I hope I get to meet her." And it was a little weird, but she really did want to meet the genius behind Trunks-kun and his time machine and everything. "What were you and Duo-kun talking about while Heero-kun was blowing my mind with technology?"

Beside her, Trunks-kun went stiff. Glancing up, there was a distinct flush to his face. It was hard to see in the limited light of the room, but she was fairly sure he was embarrassed about something. Now what in the world could they have been talking about to provoke this reaction?

"Duo-san... propositioned me."

Her eyes went wide as saucers; she couldn't help that. She sat up abruptly to stare down at Trunks-kun in nothing less than undisguised shock. "Really?" He nodded, sitting up more slowly. "What did you say?"

"I didn't. We went inside then." He pulled one knee up close to his chest, wrapping both arms around it. The position looked defensive, and she almost backed off asking about it. But there needed to be some resolution here, if they were all going to keep working together.

"What do you think about it?" she asked even more quietly than they had already been talking. This was something that was probably best kept between the two of them until a decision was made.

"I haven't been," he answered quickly. She didn't want to be the one to say it, but it sounded like the opposite when he said it so fast. She kept that thought to herself, though, and waited. Sure enough, Trunks-kun did eventually continue speaking. "I'm with you, Usagi-san."

God, he sounded like this bothered him--and quite a lot by the ragged tone of his voice. She immediately scratched any idea she might have been entertaining about playing this straight and serious. Instead, she conjured up a wink. "I've been told I share well."

The small laugh Trunks-kun managed to get sounded a bit breathy, but it was amused and that was a pretty huge improvement. "What exactly are you saying, Usagi-san? So we're on the same page."

"I'm saying..." What was she saying? Ah, yes... "I'm saying, if you're at all interested and Duo-kun asks again, tell him we're a package deal: he either gets both of us or neither of us. Sound good?"

He was silent and still for a long moment, obviously weighing that over in his own mind thoroughly before finally reaching a decision. "Sounds good, Usagi-san."


15 October 2012

Okay, yeah, I've got nothing really to say for this chapter. I really don't. I can safely say that it was around 16 or 17 August when I wrote it and I probably wrote it around 10:30 or 11:00 at night. Because apparently sleep is for the weak during WriMos.

The weekend plans... They went a bit pear-shaped. No writing at all got done. I didn't even have a chance to read over what I wrote the Thursday before. So I'm still on Chapter Fifty (writer's choice-I'm using "recovery"). So I'm going to be working on it this week, trying to get done. This weekend, I thankfully get to stay at home, but the next weekend, I'll probably be at NecronomiCon in South Florida for Saturday if nothing else.

Anyway, see you in the next chapter!
Apollymi

[ Wasteland | Machine | Jaded | Honest | Encounter | Sensible | Facade | Secret | Holiday | Invisible | Message | Mundane | Miscommunication | Scars | Mutual | Unreciprocated | Sarcasm | Insanity | Embrace | Solitude | Power | Enigma | Exchange | Hidden | Technology | Twilight | Obsess | Data | Melancholy | Scramble | Worn | Collapse | Text | Breakdown | Depressing | Lure | Astrology | Cursed | Poison | Abyss | Variety | Anticipation | Descent | Hell | Mystical | Transmit | Desolate | Bounce | Garden | Recovery ]